Tech giant Samsung eyes and wants to get a whopping 65% market share in the premium smartphone segment (Rs 30,000 and above) in India with the launch of its flagship Galaxy Note 10 and 10+.
In Premium segment Samsung competes with likes of One Plus & Apple. 65% market share does not impossible given that Samsung was comfortably sitting on 63% market share in first half of 2019.
- Samsung had about 52% markets share in 2018 in Premium Segment
- H1 of 2019, saw an increase of over 11% and taking brands overall market share in premium segment to over 63%
- Premium Segment is estimated to be worth INR 15000-20000 Cr
- Premium segment growing at an at healthy pace of about 9-10% annually
- Samsung is beating the segment growth and is expected to grow at about 20%
- Apart from the Note series, the company’s lineup in the premium category includes Samsung Galaxy S series and A80
- Currently Samsung Premium Segment sales in India followed by One Plus and Apple